McAfee Error Code 12002 – When using the McAfee Antivirus on the computer device, the user may face a few issues. One of such issues is McAfee Error Code 12002. If you are also getting a McAfee Error Code 12002 when trying to install McAfee on your device then you can fix this by following this blog post.
McAfee Error Code 12002
Try these easy solution to fix McAfee Error Code 12002. You can try these troubleshooting solutions on your own. Or you can call the McAfee Support team and talk to a technician to help you fix the Error Code 12002. You can visit www.mcafee.com/setup and read more relatable blogs to fix more McAfee errors.
Solution 1: Restart Your Device
If you are installing McAfee Antivirus on your computer and suddenly an error code 12002 appears on your screen. Then the first thing you can try is to restart the computer to free the device memory from any other process. You follow these steps.
- Close all the application running on your computer device.
- Click on the Restart button on your computer.
- Wait until the device starts back again.
- Once the device is on again, try the installation.
- You can try this solution, 2-3 times.
- If the McAfee Error Code 12002 still persists then go to the solution 2.
Solution 2: Run McAfee Consumer Product Removal or MCPR Tool
The MCPR tool or the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool is designed to remove the McAfee from your computer securely without damaging any other applications. To run the MCPR tool on your computer, you can follow these steps.
- Open the web browser and visit mcafee.com/activate on your browser.
- Then navigate and download MCPR tool setup file by clicking on the download button.
- Once the download is finished, find the MCPR tool setup file.
- Double-click on MCPR.exe to start the tool.
- Accept to the terms and condition to start the MCPR tool.
- When the removal process is complete, you will be asked to restart your computer.
- After the device starts back again, you need to install the McAfee antivirus again on your device.
If you are looking for detailed steps to install the McAfee Antivirus on your device then visit the mcafee.com/setup or call the McAfee Support. In case, the McAfee Error Code 12002 is still there then try the last solution.
Solution 3: Contact McAfee Support
Unfortunately, the Error Code 12002 is still there even after following these steps. This means the error is quite serious and minor troubleshooting steps ain’t going to help you. You need the guidance of a certified technician to fix the error for you.
Call the McAfee Support team and talk to a skilled technician. The technician will take your query and provide you with an effective solution. Do not risk the safety of your device and Call Now.